The list included things like teacher's gifts, gems, gourmet holiday decor and of course, anything you can monogram. Top of the pile: things for our new niece/granddaughter. Tutus, bloomers, sassy monograms and sparkly shoes? Yes please. Holiday Mart just took on a whole new purpose.
Arriving to pumpkin donuts literally sitting in a frier, we carbed up and got on our way. Lane 1 did not disappoint. Nor did the dozens of rows to follow:
|The edibles: raspberry compote, aged Wisconsin cheese, sweet ham sticks|
and enough dips to whip up in a pinch when entertaining or for hostess gifts this holiday
Don't forget the cherry salsa and chocolate covers cherries!
|The wearable: this week's styling event claimed camo is still all the rage.|
Therefore this countoured, comfy piece came home to pair with
jeans or plum pants.
|The Giftable: my brother's Georgia loving family will love|
this add for their corn hole game.
|More wearables: truths for me and the hubs. You can guess which belongs to who.|
|The girlable: upon meeting our new niece, she shall dress in this|
ridiculous, not at all useful but quite adorable ensem. Because aunts can.
|More edibles: throw in some sour cream and you have your appetizer!|
When you get a moment to yourself, enjoy a warm cup of white hot chocolate
by the fireplace. Yum.
|The girlable + baby: a personalized frame that matches the nursey and a blanket|
to accent the past baby shower theme. Plus a little fox from a fabulous
personalized ornament shop for an upcoming baby shower.
|The house accessible: a few unique pieces to add to our KC themed basement.|
11X14 pics that will fit into IKEA frames.
|My Mart marathon buddy - love you Mom!|
A few changes I think were different this year that may help you prepare:
1. Parking is the same, but there are some road closures. The valet was wide open in the morning, but a long wait to get your car at the end of your journey.
2. Consider bringing your own bags: this year the maps and bag you used to receive at the entrance are now at the Junior League booths. You can get a cute red bag for $1 or a free plastic Charming Charlie one for all of your things. Warning: people will constantly ask you where the Charming Charlie booth is and it's just a sponsorship.
3. Eat up! A huge improvement - now there are food trucks in there! Gyros, fried donuts, loaded fries, salad, booze, BBQ and even sushi. A big step up from the hall food. The Bartle stands are still open.
4. Squeeze in! The aisles are a bit tighter this year. Prepare to fight your way to the sparkly gem you have your eye on.
5. Prepare for iPhone payment: almost every vendor had their iPhone to accept card payments. Many times they were down and required cash. Have those dolla bills ready!
6. Put your feet up! More seating is available plus a cozy couch when it's half-time.
Now grab your shopping buddy and go! And don't forget to share what you found afterward. I'll be hear grieving all the fun is over.
Happy holiday marting!