I can too, right???
“It’s here! It’s here!” I shriek to Mike as he saunters up the driveway lugging our household trashcans behind him with a look of confusion lining his face. “What’s here?” he says, thinking that maybe Ed McMahon had come out of retirement and brought us that million dollar check that would get us back to PV (and help out a great charity of course). “The Nordy’s glossy of the quarter!” I say with self-admittedly too much glee. “Oh brother…” grumbles Mike, tackling a sleeping Lawson and retreating to his man cave to escape the ten minutes of ooohhiinnng, aaawwwiinnnggg and dog earing of pages that was about to occur. “You realize this is the only time you actually read and relax anymore, don’t you?” Mike says from afar, his eyes still lit with a bit of disbelief. “Uh huh…” I say, already lost in the glow of the pages, the touches of spring, the perfectly marketed and font appropriate the company pays way too much for to send to suckers like me. So now, I ask of you dear reader, to join me on this superficial journey just for a second as a way to escape from the madness of the day and enter into fake retail therapy. Come, browse the March 2010 Nordstrom catalog with me, won't you? It's sure to be fun!
- Cover: love! You’re right Nordy’s – accessories ARE my friend. Especially when just yesterday I went shopping for a cutesy KU shirt and found that most of the girly, creative ones barely covered my tat tas. I went home with a sparkly Jayhawk tattoo that was just perfect on my chunky cheekbone. Accessories – they always fit. Love the font, the silver, your branding and of course the chunky cocktail rings. Oh – and I also agree with your statement of “there’s no such thing as too many.”
- Page 3A: Two points for you, Nordy’s, for using three of my favorite words: “instant” “happiness” and “bffs.” We’re totally speaking the same language. And love the aqua basket tote. Yes please.
- Page 5a: affirms my love for crazy colored watches and totally justifies the 3 pink, two white and one purple I have laying in my jewelry drawer right now. Because as you state, it’s “really hot right now.”
- Page 6a: Bracelet – yes please. Been longing for a friend like you. Please unearth my hippie spirit just in time for spring.
- Page 7a: gotta disagree with you on this one Nordy’s b/c of my personal baggage. If I could actually squeeze those bangles on my big ol’ wrists, I’d be with ya more to say “if you can see your wrists, you nee more bangles.” Oh, I can see my wrists all right…and there ain’t no way those bangles are fitting them anytime soon unless I get my hiney in gear.
- Page 16a: cross body bags – thank you, thank you, thank you for bringing these back just in time for me to have a 6-month old. Now I can be a hip AND smart Momma.
- Page 19a: I’m so glad you’re obsessed with big, colorful scarves. They sure come in handy when I’m having a milk moment at work and need the perfect cover up.
- Page 29a: the featured flower ring is something I wear often and either get “wtf were you thinking” stares or comments like “I wish I could wear that.” I’m still trying to understand what that really means. You can sister, you can! Regardless, love, love, love the flower ring and the great news is, I don’t have to keep it alive with water.
- Page 33a: yes please – for at least $150 less.
- Page 36a: I’ll have one of each. To go.
- Page 43a: have it – in pink. Katie has the white. Wanna join our cult?
- Page 49a: if I ever go back to wearing perfume, aqua sparkly spritzer – you will be mine.
Thank you, Nordy’s marketers, for making my day with this Saved by the Bell moment timeout. Now, time in – back to reality. Work, saving money and lovin’ on the fam. That still beats your glossy anyday. Mwah!