Sunday, March 28, 2010
You Know You're a Mom When...Week of March 27
Ask and you shall receive! Each Sunday, I will do my best to share my “you know you’re a Mom when” list with you fabulous readers as part of a weekly read. May you delight in all the bizarre and unforgettable moments that marry to become the amazing world of motherhood. This week, you know you’re a Mom when:
1. You work three crazy days on the coast then elect to pack up quickly and take two airplanes to get home at 2 a.m. just so you can hear the sound of your baby’s breathing, take in his smell and share space with him just a half-day earlier.
2. You’re on day….day….hell, everyday you’re wearing a ponytail despite your efforts to attend your eight-week routine of cut and styles.
3. You share smiles and secret glances with any kiddo and/or his Momma nearby.
4. You’ve been to Target eight times this week but still managed to forget the milk and bread.
5. You share your most heartfelt life secrets with the Mom and her adorable three-year old next to you on a long flight. After all, she gets it, right?
6. You starting writing “try to hold conversation with husband” on your to-do list.
7. You begin singing Michael Jackson songs as lullabyes because they are the only words top of mind at four in the morning.
8. The dog hasn’t been walked in three weeks. Did I mention the vet just said she had to lose nearly 20 pounds???
9. You know all the convenient hot spots in town. Meaning you know all the comfortable, private places to nurse in public locations besides your car.
10. Your heart expands in a million places to accommodate the growing unconditional love, amazement and undying passionate you have for your little being.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment