Tuesday, March 16, 2010
You Know You’re a Mom When…Week of March 15
1. The hottest spot you’ve been to in a month is the doctor’s. Running tally – three times in March already. You begin counting Moms vs. Dads taking their children there and start feminist marches in your head.
2. You set a new rule that you will only change your clothes and baby’s three times before 8:00 a.m. If this means donning your darling new cute purple, silky, ruffly top with a milk stain and getting odd stares from co-workers, so be it. At least you stuck to a commitment.
3. You run into day care and announce your “worst Mom of the week” award as your child is still in the same diaper from 9 p.m. the night before and his jammies that are caked with squash…but you still do scout’s honor to never wake a sleeping baby.
4. For just a split second, you secretly think being sick yourself rocks because it gives you an excuse to lose your Mommy title, curl up in bed at 7:30 p.m. in the clothes you wore and let Daddy manage all the duties…just for this night.
5. A rectal thermometer becomes more of your day-to-day than you’d ever care to admit. Not for me sicko – for the baby!
6. You spaz out that someone else is pregnant and freak out with happiness they are joining the club. Another one bites the dust – and understands!
7. You begin to flash innocent strangers without a care in the world if it means pacifying your hungry one. Stare all you want – they’ll look a lot better when I’m done having kiddos and get them fixed up.
8. The only room in your house that’s clean is the nursery. Justification – that’s where the love goes and he could leap out of his crib any day now.
9. You find yourself doing a jig anytime, anywhere just to see that smile.
10. Your heart expands in a million places to accommodate the growing unconditional love, amazement and undying passionate you have for your little being.