Sunday, July 4, 2010
You Know You're a Mom When...
Week of July 4
1. You head straight to the full-piece section when attempting to purchase a swimsuit. Also, you find yourself considering one of those flouncy skirt things to cover the "damage."
2.Your version of a fun weekend edges closer to productivity and clean houses than fine dining and movie watching.
3. Modesty goes way out the window. Think nursing at the local Zoo and dancing around at Kindermusik like someone who should get kicked off of DWTS.
4. Hearing people share their news they are pregnant is almost as exciting as the day you were married - a new member to the Motherhood Tribe!
5. Birthday gifts (my personal love language) arrive at least two weeks later, even for those you love the most. Whoops. That, and thank you cards still totally count if you send them six months late (right?!).
6. For the first time, you feel a bit like a baby whisperer and slightly credible when you go out to help a friend with her newborn.
7. Helping a friend register for her bundle of joy is your new equivalent of hitting the right bar where your crush is supposed to be that night.
8. Research moves from sleeping and feeding to keeping your super mobile tot safe and confined like a little jailbird.
9. You still mark your first-year calendar with new tricks that arise each week, like "soooo big, peekaboo, babbling, shaking head no," tug of war, standing and cruising and so many magical moments.
10. Your heart expands in a million places to accommodate the growing unconditional love, amazement and undying passionate you have for your little being.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment