Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Monday Momfessions - 4/15 Week
2. On Saturday, I ate two packs of my child's favorite graham crackers. As if that wasn't bad enough, I also hollowed out the "Skittles Rewards" fun. Yipe. I paid a pretty penny for that one - no bargaining tool for staying in your bed until 6:45 a.m.!
3. During one late night Mommy call, I pretended to be asleep. Gulp. What, like he (the hubs) hasn't done it before?! Though he has mastered that snore more than I have...
4. I straight up did a Target run with no bra. To be fair, I had a fleece on to conceal the weapons and it was a five dollar vs. $50 trip. Get in, get out and don't get caught. No I'm not sure what I would've done if my water broke at that point...
5. Speaking of water breaking - when the hell is that going to happen? My rose colored glasses have cracks in them. I'm not so torn on wanting the baby to stay in vs. get OUT. I find myself sometimes rocking in a corner spelling the word o.u.t. Time to provide him his eviction notice.
6. Before backing out of the driveway three times in the past week, I had to ask L if I had buckled him in and also do a quick swivel to check given the reliability of three-year old reports. This is a new low on the brainpower front.
7. For two meals this week, I skipped offering the fruit AND vegetable. Also, I let three morning teeth brushings pass. Is this the start of the downhill slide?! (PS: I mean for the kid - come on, I haven't sunk THAT low yet).
8. I tried to play tennis with my eager 3yo on an extremely windy day in ill fitting maternity clothes, then nearly fell to my knees in prayer when 10 minutes later he proclaimed it was too windy and we needed to pack up and head home. Thank you sweet baby Jesus.
9. I stayed late at work one night this week because it took less energy than coming home to my rambunctious household. So.guilty.
10. I'm delighted my husband's new approach to our son's sleep challenges are working, but I'll never tell. Especially since my last 10 in six months have failed. Gah bless him, his patience and endurance and may this continue with our big transition ahead.
So what are you fessing up to this week Momma? No judgement of course - this is a safe place.
Last week's Momfession